Intern with The Spec
As many of you know, The Spec is currently operated by Alexis Getscher and D’Aundra Wallace, with some help from interns and freelancers.
We need more help.
Do you like music? Do you enjoy writing? Photography? Videography? Graphic design? Are you interested in boosting your resume? Would you like to work for a growing business? Do you like meeting new people? Would you like to interview bands? Write reviews? Have your work published online?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, we’d like to hear from you.
The Spec is currently seeking three to five interns for January 2013-June 2013.
Ideal applicants are:
- Residents of the Phoenix Metro area
- Skilled at, or willing to learn more about writing, photography, video, social media
- Interested in music
- Able to contribute content on a weekly basis and available to work three to five hours per week
Duties of a Spec intern include, but are not limited to:
- Updating calendar of events
- Sending and returning emails
- Interviewing bands
- Writing concert and album reviews
- Taking photos and video
- Contributing at least one blog post per week
- Participating in meetings
- Distributing cards and flyers
- Managing social media and promotions
This is an UNPAID internship, but a good opportunity to network, and gain experience, clips and references. Those interested must submit their completed application by Jan. 7. View the online application here. (To download from Google Docs: File → “Make a copy” or File → “Download as…”)
Email the completed application to admin [at] thespecblog [dot] com with the subject line: “SPEC INTERNSHIP.” Applications will be reviewed and interviews will be set up between Jan. 7-13. This internship term will begin Jan. 13 and end June 30.